Madhya Pradesh Pre Engineering Entrance Test (MP PET)
Madhya Pradesh Pre Engineering Test commonly known as MP-PET is conducted by Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board, Bhopal for admission to nearly 159 institutes in Madhya Pradesh offering following given courses:
- B.E. Courses in engineering colleges declared autonomous by the state Govt. Aided Engineering colleges, Self Financing, Autonomous colleges Private colleges and out site state colleges.
- B. Pharmacy, D-Pharmacy in Pharmacy colleges declared Autonomous by the State Govt., Aided and Private colleges.
- B.Sc. (Agriculture.), B.Sc (Horticulture), B.Sc. (Forestry), B.Sc. (Agr. Engineer), B.Sc. (Agr. & Entrepreneurship) in Agricultural Engineering of the state of M.P
MP PET Eligibility
Candidates should have passed or appeared for the following examinations with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects:
- 12th Class Examination of 10+2 scheme of Higher Secondary Board, Madhya Pradesh.
- Any equivalent or higher examination conducted by a recognized Board or a recognized university.
- Those who have passed final year Diploma in any Engineering branch of Madhya Pradesh Board of Technical Education Bhopal / Rajiv Gandhi Technical University, Bhopal.
Applicant should not be more than 21 years (relax able by 3 years in case of SC/ST) of age on 1st October of the year in which he/ she seeks admission.
Other Eligibility Condition (Domicile requirement etc.) for taking MP-PET Exam:
- The candidate is a Citizen of India.
- The candidate has been educated in an educational institution located in M.P. for at least three consecutive years during the five years period from the year of examination.
- The candidate is a bonafide resident of Madhya Pradesh.
- The candidate is a child of:
- An employee or a pensioner of the Government of M.P. or an employee of the Government of M.P. who died while in service of these State or an officer of the All India Services born on the cadre of M.P.
- A Central Government employee including employee of Defense Establishments, employee of Post & Telegraph Dept. or the Railways or an employee of a public sector undertaking posted and stationed in M.P. on or before January 1, of the year of examination till the date of admission.
- A person settled in M.P. under any resettlement scheme sanctioned by the Government of India or the State Government of M.P.
Note: 90% seats in the Government/Aided colleges are reserved for Madhya Pradesh candidates, 5% for Outside MP candidates and 5% for NRIs.
Whereas for Private Self-financing institutes 75% of seats are reserved for MP candidates, 20% seats for Outside candidates and 5% seats for NRI candidates.
MP PET Syllabus
MP PET Pattern
MP-PET consists of objective type multiple choice questions in the subjects of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Medium of the exam is English.
Total no of questions are 200.
Duration is 3 hours.
The first part of the exam will be in Maths/Biology/Biotechnology with 100 questions.
The second part of the exam will be for 100 questions( 50 of each subject) in any one of the following depending upon the candidate's choice:
1. Physics & Chemistry.
2. Physics & Biology.
3. Physics & Biotechnology.
Each question will have four options.
The correct option has to be blackened using a black pen.
Each answer carries one mark. (subject to change**)
Incorrect answers will be awarded zero marks.
There will be no negative marking in the exam.
Candidates appearing for B. Arch course would have to appear for an Aptitude test.
MP PET Application Process
Candidates shall submit MP PET application form only online either through www.vyapam.nic.in or www.mponline.gov.in website on payment of examination fee Rs.500 in case applying for UR/OBC & Rs.250 for SC/ST along with additional Rs.50 (online service charges), either through credit card or cash payment from the authorized Kiosks of mponline.
Online application form can also be submitted from outside the state where fees can be deposited online from any of branches of State Bank of India in any of the following SBI accounts nos. 31078277712, 31078479106, 31078479605 however an additional amount of Rs.25 will be charged as Bank service charges.
Important: As per the rules, MP PET Admit Card will be issued to valid application. The Test Admit Card (TAC) will not be sent to the candidates by post by the Board. Applicants are required to download it from the website www.vyapam.nic.in using his Online Application Form number three days prior to the date of examination.
Please note that a candidate will not be permitted to appear in the examination if he/she does not possess the downloaded TAC.
Note: The detailed information such as Domicile requirement, Category, Class, Fees (online submission of fees through credit card/cash for candidates with in the state and outside the state) etc. is available on the website www.vyapam.nic.in of the Board.
MP PET Exam Centres
Test Centres for taking MP-PET are:
- Balaghat, Betul, Bhopal, Burhanpur
- Chhatarpur, Chhindwara
- Dhar, Dewas, Delhi
- Guna, Gwalior
- Jabalpur, Jaipur
- Khandwa, Khargone, Kolkata
- Mandsaur, Mumbai
- Rajgarh, Rewa, Ratlam
- Satna, Seoni, Shadol, Sagar
- Ujjain, and Vidisha
MP PET Contact Details
Director, Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Satpura Bhavan, IVth Floor
Phone: (O) 5203801 (R) 2430865
tags: Get latest Cricket IPL Scores, Samsung galaxy mobile phones